The Church of the Holy Spirit, which was initially built in the early 15th century and was formerly an Augustinian monastery, was erected on a sacred place that had been established in 1238. The church, which is among the oldest in the city, got its towers in the late 16th century, and in the early 17th century, it got its sandstone gateway, which was originally meant for the Brsen (Stock Exchange). The structure was destroyed by the city’s Great Fire in 1728 and has since been extensively rebuilt, while portions of the building’s original 14th-century walls may still be seen in the right wing. The church continues to perform services even though it is now surrounded by a park. It is also utilized for art exhibitions and shows, which give visitors a chance to marvel at its spectacular vaults.
In the graveyard is a memorial to Danish Holocaust victims called “Grave of the Unknown Concentration Camp Prisoner.”