After religious freedom was given, this church was constructed in 1887 to serve the city’s Anglican community. It has the name of Saint Alban, a Roman soldier who converted to Christianity in the fourth century and died as a martyr. Of note, it is Denmark’s sole Anglican church. The magnificent Gothic chapel, which is located near to the Gefion fountain along Langelinie promenade in Churchillparken, was a gift from Edward, Prince of Wales of Britain, who was competing for Princess Alexandra, the daughter of Christian IX. They got hitched in 1863, and the prince became Edward VII in 1901. English is the language of worship, and many visitors frequent the congregation.