This elegant church was constructed in 1559. On the site of a structure dedicated in the vicinity of 1200, It functioned for many years as a parish church until being promoted to the status of cathedral in 1961.
Many ornate epitaphs pay homage to the many wealthy businessmen and notable Helsingør residents who are buried here. Aside from its current look, the church also has a number of 16th-century additions to its furniture. A Renaissance pulpit from 1568, a carved wooden altar, and a 15th-century Gothic crucifix are some of its most priceless relics. A cannon shot that was fired towards the city by the British a few days before to the 1801 Battle of Copenhagen is also hanging there.